Clan SOF Soldiers of Fortune/ Clan IT- Invasion Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clans SOF and IT main page/forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halo Custom Edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-SoF-A#-Drop[BOD]«KotH»
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
-SoF-A#-Drop[BOD]«KotH»

Halo Custom Edition Empty
PostSubject: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptySat 31 May - 13:50

Quote from site www.halomaps.org :

"So what is Halo Custom Edition Game (HaloCE) you ask? Simply put, it is a new version of HaloPC that is free for all HaloPC owners. This unsupported version of HaloPC is a stand alone Gearbox Software release and is not supported by Microsoft. It offers custom maps and other features.

NOTE: This installation requires that you enter your Halo PC CD Key before you can run the program.

So what is the purpose of Halo Custom Edition Game? The Halo Custom Edition Game was created as a way for Gearbox Software to introduce a new features to Halo PC. The most important of which is the ability to play user created content.

Along with The Halo Custom Edition Game are also a set of tools, tutorials and source art which is called the Halo Editing Kit (HEK). This is a powerful package which will allow users to create their own custom content for The Halo Custom Edition Game. "

So, I´m suggesting about getting Halo "CE". I´ll explain it with my own words: It´s a halo PC version what can you customize, and download thousands of new maps, where are new weapons and vehicles. Myself, I do have Halo CE, and I recommend to get it. For the Clan!! Because: Halo CE enables to download new maps... Even with AI!! (Artifical Intelligence (Yeah, Elites, Grunts, Hunter, Flood etc.)) That allows that our Clan could have practises and trainings in Halo CE maps, without desperatingly trying to destroy other clan or fighting against eachother. We could all fight against "AI" TOGETHER! It´s a easy way to TEST different simple tactics, and easy way to practise playing skills. All we´d have to do, is to download Halo CE, install some map with AI (Don´t worry, I´ll help on it, it´s not so hard. I´ll tell how, if you will accept this idea.), make a server, get clan members there, and voilá! We can fight against AI with just testing different ways. Of course, AI is a LOT dumber than real players, but even that would even be a practise! I´ll leave this decision to our Clan Leader. If you will accept this idea, Halo CE can be downloaded from internet, free.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=410
So, basicly Halo CE just opens another Halo multiplayer, just with MOOOOORE maps and stuff, and there has been removed some useless things that cause lag.
I´m pleased to tell ANYONE more about Halo CE, I´ll answer the questions.

Tell me if you want more info!
Back to top Go down
-SoF-Zombie
SOF Leader
SOF Leader
-SoF-Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyWed 4 Jun - 12:34

im downloading CE as we speak!! i hope to see you there Drop!!! I just have one question....is it better than the origioinal?
Back to top Go down
https://clansof.forumotion.com

PostSubject: this will help u zombie   Halo Custom Edition EmptyWed 4 Jun - 13:48

im glad u asked zombie here r some resons that separte ce from pc

pc- has many pages for maps and games around 50 pages

ce- has 2 pages with not many people around 2 pages

pc- has single player

ce- does not

pc- has opening pages like the bigie thing

ce- does not

pc- does not have rules u can pull up with the f2 key only score u can pull up with f1

ce- does have f2 key rules u can pull up with f2 and score u can pull up with f1 key

pc- has not that many downloads like around 2

ce- has like 5 downloads

that is all i can think of right now ok
Back to top Go down
-SoF-Zombie
SOF Leader
SOF Leader
-SoF-Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyWed 4 Jun - 14:26

yeah, thanks, but why can't i play on any servers? it says unable to join server! whenever i try
Back to top Go down
-SoF-A#-Drop[BOD]«KotH»
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
-SoF-A#-Drop[BOD]«KotH»

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyThu 5 Jun - 7:24

Let me speak FOR halo ce, not against it!

PC - Single Player avaible
CE - Single Player avaible, but way more awesome than on PC. Sniper, On that you´re wrong, you CAN get single player for halo CE!

PC - has like 30 maps
CE - All the multiplayer maps, but thousands of more to download!

PC - Custom maps are not allowed
CE - Supports custom maps

CE - There has been removed useless stuff that are causing lagg to Halo PC

PC - Does not support customizing.
CE - Supports customizing (Weapons, vehicles, skins, bitmaps, shaders, modules, bipeds)

PC - Does not allow to play with some other charcter than Spartan (Unless using the DevTrainer "Bump Possesion")
CE - Maps can be created to be playable with others than spartans. (Marines, Grunts, Elites, Hunters, Flood, etc.)

But as Sniper said, there is the minus that Halo CE doesn´t usually have more than 4 pages of servers! This really sucks, but it is caused by that many players have no idea what is Halo CE.

PC - Does not allow playing Campaing maps co-op.
CE - Technically does that.

But now, I will tell my tutorial about the Halo CE map Installing:

1. Go and find servers in Halo CE with custom maps, and see what would you like to play. Write the names up or something.
2. Go to the http://hce.halomaps.org/ and put on the search the map name you wanted to play. Find the right file, and download it just somewhere where you want.
3. Usually the maps are in .zip files or .rar . Use WinRar program or something to extract these files somewhere.
4. Go to the location where did you extract the files, and take a look of the files you unpacked.
5. You should see one .MAP file somewhere there. Copy it.
6. Go to the location: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo CE/Maps.
7. Paste the .MAP file over there.

After this, you should be avaible to play this map on Halo CE. If you´ll have problems, please PM me! I´ll guide you.
Back to top Go down
-SoF-Zombie
SOF Leader
SOF Leader
-SoF-Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyThu 5 Jun - 12:15

Alright TY, i'm gonna try it now, but what maps do you suggest getting?
what are your favorites?
Back to top Go down
-SoF-A#-Drop[BOD]«KotH»
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
-SoF-A#-Drop[BOD]«KotH»

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyThu 5 Jun - 12:18

Well, I love Coldsnap, I prefer that to see some propeties of HCE. For some AI map i´d suggest the Elite_siege, or whatever it was, something like that, or Grunt wars v.2.0. or something.. Look at the hce.maps.com or something, the link I gave you, you can just check there what´s in the maps, and decide urself what looks cool. =)
Back to top Go down
(IT)Spooky[EchO.2]
Elite
Elite
(IT)Spooky[EchO.2]

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyFri 6 Jun - 12:04

i think i need some help downloading coldsnap because i copy/pasted the C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo CE/Maps into the extraction destination but it says the path is invalid. do i need to like... create a random new folder first? and how do i do that (sorry im a newb). thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
-SOF-Kirby2{DarK.3}
Soldier
Soldier
-SOF-Kirby2{DarK.3}

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition EmptyFri 6 Jun - 12:12

hey hey hey, im downloadin it, so if noone plays w/ me, i can fight a swarm of grunts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Custom Edition   Halo Custom Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Custom Edition
Page 1 of 1